Take a look at this website http://blackberrywood.ca.
Blackberry Wood, described as a high-powered combination of alt-country-gypsy-circus music, will provide the dance music for the "One Billion Rising" benefit dance on February 14, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the Christina Lake Community Hall, The evening will be rounded out with entertainment provided by Luminosity, fire spinners and possibly others. As well, there will be a silent auction along with a 50/50 draw. Snacks will be provided along with a beer and wine sales bar.
The "One Billion Rising" campaign began as a call to action based on the staggering statistic that 1 in 3 women on the planet will be beaten or raped during her lifetime. Imagine a billion women dancing together, dancing to end violence against women. One billion women violated is an atrocity. One billion women dancing is a revolution."
And if one billion women around the world begin to dance not just out of joy and exhilaration but also, as a form of protest, out of anger, determination and commitment, then their dancing cannot but move the earth. It may in fact literally send the ground shaking.
Eve Ensler, the creator of "The Vagina Monologues" is the creative mind and moving spirit behind "One Billion Rising". On February 14, 2013, V-Day's 15th anniversary, activists, writers, thinkers, celebrities and ordinary people - women and men across the world - will come together to express their outrage at the violence. They will strike, dance and RISE in defiance of the injustices women suffer. The goal is to have one billion people - women and the men who love them - rising on February 14, 2013, making a positive statement in support of a world free of gender-based violence.
- Activists in 177 countries have signed on to the campaign.
- Over 13,000 diverse organizations around the globe are involved.
- Actors and V-Day board members Jane Fonda, Rosario Dawson, Donna Karan, Thandie Newton, Charlize Theron, Kerry Washington along with Yoko Ono, Jessica Alba, Connie Britton, Kate Clinton, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Dylan McDermott, Robert Redford, Lily Tomlin, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Zoe Kravitz are supporting the mission by recording PSAs and activating their networks.
- Governments and politicians around globe including the First Lady of Nepal, the Mayor of Lima, the Los Angeles City Council, British MP Stella Creasy and many others are joining the campaign.
- Writers and thinkers including Alice Walker, Adam Hochschild, Naomi Klein, Dr. Denis Mukwege, and Christiane Northrup are raising their voices for "One Billion Rising".
The international anthem for "One Billion Rising" is the song "Break the Chain", with infectious music and lyrics written and produced by legendary music dynamo Tena Clark, with music by Tena Clark and Tim Heintz. The song moves us beyond words and now you can move with it! Dance icon and award winning choreographer Debbie Allen has choreographed a dance just for "One Billion Rising". Check it out at http://onebillionrising.org - it is indeed infectious!